Aqueon 24" Dual T5 Fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I just bought this fixture for my low tech 20 gal planted tank. I was curious about bulb choice for this. It comes with a 6,700k and a colormax. Is the colormax beneficial? Or should I buy another 6,700K bulb to replace it?

Is it T5NO or T5HO?

If it is HO then good luck staying low tech. I would use the ColorMax for now and see how things work out.

Whoops sorry, it is a T5NO. Alright I was unsure of what would be the most beneficial. I plant to not do c02 but dose dry ferts.

If you are going to take the time to dose dry ferts why don't you do DIY CO2? It costs almost nothing and can work fairly well in a smaller tank.

Wouldn't this fixture not be sufficient for a high tech setup then? I also heard co2 may be harmful to a shrimp colony?

It'll probably put you in the medium range on a 20h.

The colormax is geared towards coloration on stock but I think it's a decent bulb. Google for more info, im not certain on that.

I run 30+ppm co2 on my shrimp tank and they have never looked better.

So I could run 2 t5s and run DIY co2 and be a med level plant tank?

Thanks!

Also with DIY co2 what would be the best bubble diffuser to use?

You can view the spectrum analysis here...
http://www.coralifeproducts.com/product/lamps/
It is a full spectrum bulb so it does produce some usable light for your plants, it is just peaked at different wavelengths for visual POPyness and not optimal for growth. They make your tank look nice when used with a regular bulb.

Awesome, thank you for your insight! I have some comparing to do.

Back
Top Bottom