Aqueon dual t5 fixture fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

So some of you may know that after upgrading my light fixture I was having heat problems in my tank. I purchased the dual t5 aqueon and after some searching I wasn't able to find any legs manufactured to fit this product. Well, I improvised, I stretched out the wire hooks even on both sides and bent them down! I don't believe it was made to do that and I'm not sure if anyone else has done it like this haha but it's working for me! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410290880.306689.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410290897.312173.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410290931.228370.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410290957.282633.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Clever. The dual t5 fixture looks very similar to a Coralife dual t5 fixture I am using on a low light tank. Same wire arms. Yes, it generates some heat. That's why I switched to LEDs on my planted tank (and that they use less energy while producing a higher output and I won't be replacing the bulbs each year). I have the LEDs propped a slight bit (not for heat reasons but for a more secure mounting) and what gets me is the bright glare reflection from the glass. I see that you have another fixture mounted in front of that and it blocks the reflected light. I had to build a baffle to shield the reflect light (it was blinding).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom