Aqueon evolve 8 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, haven’t been on this forum in awhile.
Had to break my tanks down, move to another state, rebuild my life, and here I am again!
I have had zero tanks since my last post here, several years now (awful) due to apartment rules at my old place.
I’ve just moved into a new place, and now I have 3 tanks. 1 is done cycling, (fishless) and the other two are in their last week, getting bettas for them all, and eventually will get another non betta tank (I love bettas!)

So my cycled tank is an aqueon evolve 8, it was free, and I honestly love it.
I have the stock lighting (and two brand new stock lights that will be here this week)
I would like to move the current plants out of this tank, and into my other two tanks, and make this tank a mini iwagumi tank of sorts.

Right now the fauna is an anubias barteri, an amazon sword, and crypts.
It has one crowntail betta, 2 ghost shrimp, and 3 assassin snails, fed bladder snails from another tank just for snails.

What I WANT is either dwarf hairgrass or dwarf babytears carpet, and a few other high light co2 plants, maybe something red, maybe not.

I have just ordered the full diy co2 setup, for two 2l bottles, with pressure gauge,bubble
counter, drop checker, and glass diffuser. I’ll be using citric acid method for production of co2

My question is what is my lighting to get to high light for co2 to be worth using.
I’d prefer to use a screw in bulb on a standard deck lamp, preferably one bulb, and if all goes well I’d be willing to upgrade to an led strip like the planted+ or similar.

They have led bulbs at 5200k range at Walmart that are 15 watts and up, and I also am considering a 20watt or so cfl, but I know that led is less heat. I also saw a 5200k spotlight led that was something like 24 watts.

I’m not sure I really understand the par rating charts, and want to go super low tech to get my feet wet in this project, as now I have a child and more work responsibilities, so I don’t want to throw a lot of money.

Sorry for the huge wall of text. Been awhile since I’ve been here, and I’m rusty on what’s needed.
IMG_4025.jpg
Attached is my current tank as of now. The amazon frogbit is nice, but if it interferes with highlighting it can easily go to the other 2 tanks.

Thanks again everyone !

Back
Top Bottom