Are these moss dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyloRen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got some xmas moss in the mail do these look dead? or should it look like this

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 60
Just got some xmas moss in the mail do these look dead? or should it look like this

I can't tell from the pic really but normally moss that is shipped doesn't look all that great when you first get it. I would get it in the tank and watch it for the next week or so. You will know if it is going to come back.

I can't tell from the pic really but normally moss that is shipped doesn't look all that great when you first get it. I would get it in the tank and watch it for the next week or so. You will know if it is going to come back.

Will it be okay to just let it float in a breeder cage? Or will tying it to something help bring it back to life quicker

I think it doesn't matter if it's tied down or not. Floating in the breeder will expose it to more light which may help it recover.
I just had some moss recover from a 95% die-off (most likely due to chlorine and improper temperature). It took several weeks for it to bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

what temperature do you keep your moss in? I have it in a 10 gallon with a coral life bulb 6k at 79 degrees

Back
Top Bottom