are these what i think they are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Ok, i know what most of these are but there are a couple i need help on...

Plant 1 The Small one in front of the sword plant, im not sure what they are, ive had thme for about 3 months, they are really short and grow close to the ground, i use them as a mid/ foreground plant. Are they anubias?
img_424695_0_c95a0805525abac6e7d51ba743e64eea.jpg

1 also... Here's another plant, its the same kind though, just planted in a different spot
img_424695_1_b7b2a0f2f9817b30328905f5b253522c.jpg

Plant 2 I asked the woman for two amazon swords, and this is what she gave me, it doesn't look like a sword, but it has a bulb on the bottom just like the swords do. I know its hard to see in the pick, but it has smaller roundish leaves instead of the long ones of the amazon sword
img_424695_2_dbf9178d392a4babf37eecca781fa6c4.jpg

Plant 3 She also gave me this as an amazon sword, but it doesn't look like my other sword plant, its definetely aquatic i know, but odd looking (the one on the left, i know the right plant is my Rotala indica)
img_424695_3_f4376e69692949ce38755b4f4977933c.jpg

Plant 4 And this stem plant, ive had it for about 2 months now, ordered some plants online and these were "extras" thrown in
img_424695_4_1cdde24a7901807f3fa8f15217b2ef58.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, its the best i got right now
Thanks for all the help!

Anubias usually has thicker opaque leaves. There are many varieties of swords, so you may have gotten two different varieties. Plant 3 looks like an aponogeton. Plant 4 is moneywort (not to be confused with pennywort)

The forst 2 are cryptocoryne, third is possibly a melon sword, and the fourth looks like it could be a sword, Echinodorus bleheri. The picture of the bottom of the plant makes me think it is a sword, rather than an Aponogetan.

Thanks, i looked up all the names of the plants and they are all pretty much dead on. The one with roundish leaves is definitely a melon sword. And the small ones look like crypts. The only one im still not sure about is plant four. It looks kind of like it could be an apongeton, but nothing like the Echinodorus blerhi. The leaves are different than the sword plants and they are more transparent. Also, the one you said is Moneywort? Of all the pictures i looked of moneywort, i don't think it really looks like it. Mine is just one stem with now flowers. I guess it just needs more time to mature?

I looked at some more pics of the moneywort, i guess your right, it is money wort, but will mine ever branch outlike that and grow flowers?

AshleyNicole said:
I looked at some more pics of the moneywort, i guess your right, it is money wort, but will mine ever branch outlike that and grow flowers?

Not moneywort ar all...not sure what it is, but I can tell you that is no moneywort.

At the risk of being struck by lightning for doubting an advisor, the stem plant in front of the pleco looks like the moneywort that I have had.

i had a feeling it wasnt moneywort but didnt want to get proven wrong :roll:

so.. heres moneywort

pw_3301195.jpg

that ones too like... unrandom compared to moneywort. moneywort is random lol

well, i only have the one stem, not a bunch like that, also that doesn't look like any other pictures online ive seen of menywort.

Moneywort is Bacopa monnieri, very small pale green leaves.

rohanbacopa.gif

bacopa_monnieri.JPG

Bacopa caroliniana has larger, darker green leaves

bcaroliniana4.jpg

Under bright light it gets kinda pink colored. Both these species of Bacopa need fairly bright light, and will branch when you cut them, and may eventually grow side shoots on its own. They flower above water. Moneywort grows a little faster.

Your picture looks more like the larger Bacopa to me. It has a kinda minty smell to it. If you have less than 3 watts of light per gallon of water, the leaves will stay a dark green and grow slowly. With bright light, it would grow all the way to the water surface and beyond within a month or less. The small plants infront of your sword, looks like Cryptocorynes to me.

Back
Top Bottom