Are two 10k bulbs too strong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a standard 30g tank with chain sword, pennywort, wisteria, amazon sword and crypts. It's a coralife fixture, runs 8 hrs/day. I run co2 daily, until drop checkers green. Dose 10ml glut and PPS pro daily. Are two 10k bulbs too strong?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nah man, you seeing algae? A 6700k in the mix may be a but nicer on the eyes..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nah man, you seeing algae? A 6700k in the mix may be a but nicer on the eyes..

Ok, cool! With floating plants I just wanted to be sure enough light would penetrate through. No real algae issues so far. Otos take care of any that pops up!

A 10k vs 6k will not affect penetration, it's just the color temp, plants thrive between 5 - 10k. If you like the appearance of your tank do not change a thing. The 10k can be on the bluer end of the spectrum, a little reds could come from a lower temp bulb.

Your Tank Lighting

I've got a standard 30g tank with chain sword, pennywort, wisteria, amazon sword and crypts. It's a coralife fixture, runs 8 hrs/day. I run co2 daily, until drop checkers green. Dose 10ml glut and PPS pro daily. Are two 10k bulbs too strong?

Hello PJ...

The 10K aren't any stronger than anything else. Just a different color light. Plants are no different than anything else. They do best with a variety. A combination of 65 to 6700K and a 10,000K is beneficial.

B

Hello PJ...

The 10K aren't any stronger than anything else. Just a different color light. Plants are no different than anything else. They do best with a variety. A combination of 65 to 6700K and a 10,000K is beneficial.

B

Thanks, I think I'll switch back to that 6700/10k combo then. I was confused with intensity vs. color spectrum, rookie mistake:)

Back
Top Bottom