At a loss and losing interest.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my tanks I've found spot algae always goes away if I raise my phosphates considerably. I'd do at least 2ppm if not 3ppm and see if it begins to lessen.

Okay so I finally got the chance to pick up some snails 2 adults and three smaller ones along with a beautiful female gbr for my 55. Hopefully the nerites cooperate and eat some of my algae. It seems to not be growing as fast as it was before but there is still an obvious diatom issue in the tank.

Nerites mainly eat bio-film, green spot algae, green dust algae, and diatoms. If there is any other kind of algae they probably won't mess with it.

Let me ask you, what kind of filter are you running? I had the same problem but I changed from a HOB filter to a canister and my problems with and my diatom problem went with the filter to my other tank.

Let me ask you, what kind of filter are you running? I had the same problem but I changed from a HOB filter to a canister and my problems with and my diatom problem went with the filter to my other tank.

I'm using a ac 30 and a fluval c3. I should probably give them a good too. Considering that I actually have a little spare time now.

Back
Top Bottom