Atomic CO2 Diffuser technical advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are many plans out there to make your own inline diffuser. 30ppm is a good target for CO2 injection it does create a good environment for optimum plant growth. Optimum growth means algae can not compete and you have a pretty tank. You will also need a good fert plan to complement the light and CO2.

in canada, making your own stuff cost more then buying one all made online. And when i'm reading about co2 most people have very low ppm, maybe around 5ppm.

Or maybe i'm confuse. It say i need 30 psi to function but is it getting more or less 5psi outcomes in my tank if i want? Is it just a pressure buildup it need?

We are talking to different things here psi is the volume of gas in the diffuser and out of the regulator, I am talking dissolved amount of gas in the water. 5 psi on the low end after the needle valve sounds about right to me.

Confused again, your saying that having 5psi coming out of the that inline diffuser is possible?

Into the diffuser, I do not think the out would be measured in PSI, it would be a matter of how much gas would be dissolved in the water at that point.

I think we're all confused at this point. Save your money.. build one. I built one for about $10. 5-10psi leaving the regulator is about where you want your output to be. 35-40ppm is, what I've found, to be about the best range for co2 in the tank. That's measured by a drop checker, kh/ph test, or ph regulator.

I think we're all confused at this point. Save your money.. build one. I built one for about $10. 5-10psi leaving the regulator is about where you want your output to be. 35-40ppm is, what I've found, to be about the best range for co2 in the tank. That's measured by a drop checker, kh/ph test, or ph regulator.

That is what I was trying to say. Thanks for translating by gibberish to some form of understandable communication. :)

I have one. You need 30 (more like 40psi) for it to work. This means WORKING psi. DiY yeast can NOT make this pressure. You need to dial up your regulator's WORKING PRESSURE for this thing to work. Yes it works wonderfully too.

There are two gauges on your regulator. One is tank pressure which is normlly 1100psi and the other is working pressure which ranges 0-100 psi. Most diffusers work on only about 10 psi. You turn the nob in the middle to make it go up. Do this VERY slowly or you'll blow the gauge.

And the GLA diffuser is WAYYY over priced. You can get it elsewher for around 20 bucks online. I had a friend pick one up for me when she visited hong kong for only about 15 bucks.

And yes the GLA diffuser is just a repackaged UP aqua diffuser that you see on ebay. The shrimp lab also sells them for a lot less. Many of these "high class" plant stores are rip off stores. I'd steer well away from them... (unless you're getting a tank or something...I'd want assurance that there won't be 30 gallons of water on my floor)

The same EXACT thing (same manufacture etc.) at the shrimp lab:
http://theshrimplab.com/store/?cat=10

30psi is not a quantity of co2 but a force of it coming out of your needle/metering valve. Bubble count will ballpark your co2 levels.

Last edited:
Thank you, I am going to built the diffuser. the shipping cost more then the diffuser so no point doing that.

Thank you, I am going to built the diffuser. the shipping cost more then the diffuser so no point doing that.

oK so, finding transparent PVC in Quebec is impossible, so i had to bye a diffuser. The look of it, atomic diffuser do look like it will make a mist in they aquarium, so i look around and find this diffuser (Sera Flore CO2 Reactor 500)
its expensive put, you can open it, clean it and it look sturdy. i will report the test later on.

Thanks for the advice you guys and girls.

Back
Top Bottom