automatic on/off co2 valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damian

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if there is a automatic on/off valve for co2. I don't want to run co2 all day since I come home from work when the lights shut off, wasting co2

I have mine set at 6.7 and never turn it off.a 20oz paintball tank last me a few months. You could hook up a co2 tank and a air stone if you want but I have never needed a air stone

Just add a solenoid to your regulator, or if you already have a solenoid, put it on a timer.

I believe they have them on marine depot and some other sights. It would go between your regulator body and the needle valve.

Jkeating has given you good advice so far; there's not really much to add.

This is for a pressurized CO2 system correct? These won't work on a DIY CO2 system.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your setup such that it didn't come with a solenoid? They're pretty standard these days.

Oh. Well then I don't think there's anything you can add to automate that system. I would advise investing in a full size regulator. If you don't have the space for a big tank, you can use an adapter from aquatek and a 24oz PB tank.

Back
Top Bottom