baby tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how tall would they grow? normal baby tears not dwarf. they would be in a 5 or 10 gallon with 2, 13 watt compact florescent bulbs, running co2, dosing ferts, and using flourite.

This is what they look like in a 10g with a 15w T8 bulb -

img_1659876_0_dd93639e8e7d2e98097158eb9b2d76fc.jpg

Yeah, I'd say 4" was the highest point. They carpeted pretty good actually. If you're looking for taller plants, HM isn't your best bet. While it'll get laggy under lower light (as you see above), it definitely isn't a tall grower.

no i am not really looking for taller plants, more of a carpeting kind, not sure if i want to dive in and get frustrated trying to get HC to grow or give this a try instead. would HC work if i could get it to root? not sure it will grow in flourite...

It'll grow in flourite, but I don't think your lighting will sustain it. You can keep HM trimmed down and shorter than what mine was. That was after about 6 months of no trimming at all. If you stay on top of it, you can keep it an inch or two tall.

yea that was my next question, will the light sustain it. but okay, i do plan on keeping this tank fairly clean and trimmed up considering it will be 10 gals or less. another quick question... how tall would dwarf hair grass grow?

oh really? 1.5-2", i just read somewhere on google that it usually goes from 3-4" and even higher... well anyways i am still in the planning process of this tank so i will do some more research on carpeting plants, any other small ones i should be aware of? i do not know of many carpeting plants as of now

Back
Top Bottom