Back from Hiatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been doing training for my new job and haven't been around much lately but I'm glad to say I'm back and ready to go :)

Thought I'd throw in a pic of my tank as it looks tonight after I got back. Bushy is the only way to describe it. Time to trim ;)

tank_040706.jpg

Welcome back! You've been missed.

The tank looks stunning as usual, even if it is in need of a trim. I abosolutely love how the Downoi carpet turned out. It really works well for the scale of your tank.

WOW travis.that is awesome. do you have auto feeders and dosers? or do you get someone to watch your tank while u are gone? i always come home to a mess casue none wnats to do the dosing and water changes.

WB Travis,

WoW........I wish I could neglect my tank and have it respond like that.

Lookin forward to the aftertrim pics.

You're going to need more blue plates ;)

Wow! 8O

Everytime I see that tank, all I want to do is buy some rocks and start a malawi cichlid tank. That is simply the most beautiful planted tank I have ever laid eyes on. (y)

That tank is incredible. Looking forward to the post haircut pictures. Glad to have you back around.

Wow indeed! When I see that tank I want to buy some rocks to, and toss them through my tanks!! Very inspiring, you tank is truly amazing.

why doesn't my tank look this good when it's "bushy"???????? mine just looks like a jungle. did you have someone dosing it while you were gone.

oh, and welcome back, you!

My friend Linda and her yellow lab Zephyr come over every other day while I'm gone, dose nutrients, and feed the fish. Zephyr likes trying to bite them through the glass :lol: Except I come home to nose marks :p

lol thast funny. i can just imagine the snot marks all over the glass. i actually read that wrong the first time and thought u meant that the dog does the dosing!!!

You know, the more I look at the pic the more I like the shadows created. Its spookier and you do spooky great. You really have talent, Travis.

Thank all of you guys for the great compliments. I can't really take too much credit because it didn't look this nice when I left. In fact I probably would have trimmed it all short and never got a chance to see what it could look like hairy. I kind of like it. I give most of the credit to Zephyr for keeping all of the unruly Mbuna in line while I was gone :lol:

Travis:

I would like to come and lick the outside glass of your tank, as I am always mesmerized by it's beauty.

*looks woefully at her pathetic tank*
*kicks the stand*
*bandages toe*

Cool....

How do you keep the stargrass and blood stargrass looking so good. Mine was looking good for a bit, then went downhill, and I got rid of mot of it, as it looked real bad, and kept getting bits and parts of the blood stargrass floating all over the tank and into the filter intake.. :(

Tank looks totally awsome..... (y)

Back
Top Bottom