Bacopa Caroliniana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marvin4o9

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so I passed by petsmart today and luckily the bacopa pack that I saw last week was still there, so I picked it up for roughly 10 bucks. Prob one of the best purchases I ever made, there were no brown/dying leaves on this pack and I was also able to get roughly 15-20 stems from this one package. Also passed by petco and got some root tabs and some api plant food. One thing I was wondering should I get the api co2 injector or would the plant food be good enough along with the root tabs and my floramax substrate?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723197.178592.jpg

The roots in this pack were all healthy and long, so I trimmed them down a bit to allow them to go into the substrate

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723247.298882.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723275.567206.jpg

Spread them around the back of the tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723451.715247.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723473.350834.jpg

Check out my introduction to view my tank!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723509.186619.jpg

Hopefully the root tabs and plant food help my S.Repen garden

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723568.460127.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723585.976082.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723626.014403.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723648.416724.jpg

And hopefully it helps grow my little micro swords for my foreground

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426723988.294967.jpg

Next gotta find a female electric blue ram so this guy can be happy c:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426724102.769028.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426724126.939239.jpg

So if anyone knows if I should go ahead and buy the Api co2 booster or would the plant food be good enough? Thanks in advance!!!

There is no easy answer ...

My understanding so far of planted tanks is you need to balance micronutrients (like minerals and stuff), macronutrients (NPK), light, and CO2 (from injected CO2, Excel, or CO2 booster). Getting them out of proportion equals algae, lack of growth, die off, etc.

It sounds like your best bet is to go review a lot of the basics. There are good stickies up top and lots to learn online. The Barr Report is a helpful site, to decide on the approach you want (low tech, high tech, co2 supplemented or not).

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

The co2 will help plants to go bigger and prevent some algae.

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got my bacopa at PetSmart too. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426730310.361039.jpg
It sits right in front of the co2 diffuser so it has just exploded in growth. Great choice tank looks good ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I got Bacopa caroliniana from the TopFin gelpacks at PetsMart as well. I also picked star repens and Alternanthera reineckii in those packs as well. The B caroliniana does well in low or high light.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There is no easy answer ...

My understanding so far of planted tanks is you need to balance micronutrients (like minerals and stuff), macronutrients (NPK), light, and CO2 (from injected CO2, Excel, or CO2 booster). Getting them out of proportion equals algae, lack of growth, die off, etc.

It sounds like your best bet is to go review a lot of the basics. There are good stickies up top and lots to learn online. The Barr Report is a helpful site, to decide on the approach you want (low tech, high tech, co2 supplemented or not).

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Yeah I guess I gotta try it lol can't hurt anyway, just better for the plants, and so far I have no had an algae out break or really any signs of algae in my tank, but fingers crossed it doesn't happen lol

The co2 will help plants to go bigger and prevent some algae.

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah so far 0 algae since I started this tank but then again not really much as far as co2 and other things are concerned, won't hurt to try just like 8 bucks for better plant growth I guess

I got my bacopa at PetSmart too. View attachment 267793
It sits right in front of the co2 diffuser so it has just exploded in growth. Great choice tank looks good ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks!! Yeah I was about to do the DiY co2 but I'm gonna try the co2 booster first while my diffuser gets here in a week or two c:

I got Bacopa caroliniana from the TopFin gelpacks at PetsMart as well. I also picked star repens and Alternanthera reineckii in those packs as well. The B caroliniana does well in low or high light.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I got the S. Repens from there to lol, was able to get like 8 small stems from it and now it's slowly grown without co2 or "plant food" so hopefully now it will grow alittle bit faster and I been thinking about get the telanthera cardinalis from petsmart as well, the micro swords I got from petco for half off cause it had bad algae on it, but all I did was trim the top off and plant the healthy lower half

Well was able to get the co2 booster and was wondering if 2 36 inch floramax t8 bulbs were good for my tank?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom