Bamboo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree I have my bamboo in a 14 gallon tank underwater and its beautiful and it grows so I disagree with the tip above water fact

Be sure to keep the top leafy parts out of the water! It's not a true aquatic plant.

I keep everything underwater and its fine and I think people that say its bad are wrong

How long have you kept it underwater?

I've also read that the leaves need to be above water or they will rot.

And what I plan on doing is using the bamboo as a house plant untill it's tall enough to reach over the water line.

These guys are absolutely right. The plant isn't fully aquatic and will eventually "drown". Some bamboo plants can live longer underwater than others but all of them die at some point unless the tops are allowed to emerge from the water.
We're all saying this to help.

I agree. You have to think about how it grows in its natural habitat. Like the Mondo Grass Petsmart sells as an 'aquatic' plant. But it isn't at all. It'll be ok in water for a while, but will drown like stated above.

CorallineAlgae said:
These guys are absolutely right. The plant isn't fully aquatic and will eventually "drown". Some bamboo plants can live longer underwater than others but all of them die at some point unless the tops are allowed to emerge from the water.
We're all saying this to help.

i agree aswell they arnt fully aquatic

Back
Top Bottom