Bamboo Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have had it (them I have 2 :D) about 2 weeks... and it alread shead? How often to they do that???

Gotta be honesth thought it died after all the bad luck I have had

They do it when they grow, so it depends on there growth rate. Which for some can be fast and some slow.

I got one of these beauties a month or so ago. It also molted basically right after I got it, but unfortunately it died right away too. I was SUPER excited to get it, but now I think I'm done with shrimies :(. I love shrimp, but the 5 ghost shrimp and the bamboo shrimp I had in my tank all died fairly quickly, so it must be the water...or my gourami.

I would say go for another bamboo shrimp. As for the ghost shrimp they are nearly food for EVERY fish out there so it could have been picked at them to death.

Bamboo shrimps are usually quite hardy. I originally got 4 shrimps with my very first tank. Lost everything except for the shrimps due to high Ammonia (Before I knew anything about fish keeping & cycling). 3 out of my Original 4 are still alive today after 1-1/2 years. The 1 that died somehow climbed out of the tank, and found it crispy dry on the floor a week after I couldnt see him anymore inside the tank...

Back
Top Bottom