Bamboo? What kinda light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IShallNtEatFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was given some lucky bamboo for valentines day and wanna plant it in my tank, I'm starting a new 10 gallon planted with guppy fry(when my girl finally pops) and I was wondering what type of light will my bamboo need as well as are there any steps that need to be taken to make it aquarium safe?

I don't think it requires any special light, we have some in my living room and it's growing like crazy, all I know is that the leafy section must be out if the water or it will melt!

That's what I was thinking I just wanted to be sure. And ya I have some growing in a vase in my moms kitchen. I'm thinking of doing a wall of it in the back of the tank..... Still just thinking

That would look pretty darn sweet me thinks! Than you'd need ninja fish to guard the sacred bamboo, ninja fish are basically impossible to find though.. Chuck Norris might have some??

That would look pretty darn sweet me thinks! Than you'd need ninja fish to guard the sacred bamboo, ninja fish are basically impossible to find though.. Chuck Norris might have some??

Haha your funny dude, see if they stayed small a ghost knife would go perfect! But they get too big

Omg I got it!!! My petstore had a sign on the Raphael catfish that says "Raphael catfish are not ninjas" !!!

I had bamboo in a 2.5 gallon a while ago and it did just fine with the LED light, along with being next to a window

Now where to put the tank! I have 2 in my bed room, 1 in my bathroom and 1 in the living room. When it was just gonna be plants and a baby guppy tank I had my brother convinced to let me put it in his room

Living room of course! It's a ninja fish tank, who has a ninja fish tank besides you!?!?!!?
+1 I agree, one does not simply put a ninja fish in the bathroom! He'll karate chop your towel bar off the wall :blubblubhiyahh:

Atleast we have a theme developing here.. Betta soldiers and ninja catfish.. Now all we need is navy seal neons and army apisto's!

Back
Top Bottom