Banana Plant Dead Leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabercat

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was reading that once a leaf on this plant starts to die, the plant can not rehabilitate it back to health. I just bought mine and it has a leaf that is not fully green, but it's not dead all the way. Can somebody tell me wether I should cut it off or just leave it be? Thank You in Advance!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417386954.908754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It could be a new leaf that started to grow a few weeks ago. I would leave it on.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Okay. Thank you. I'm new to all this planted tank stuff. Hopefully I don't kill it.

Your welcome ask if you have any more question.

One last question. I have a 3 gallon with only a betta, and a banana plant. I need a algae eater or pleco. What do you recommend that is compatible with both bettas and plants?

I would suggest some shrimp Amano, red cherrie and ghost shrimp will be compatabl. They will eat algae off plants rocks and drift wood.
Are you are looking for a fish that will clean off the glass? if you are the shrimp won't do that. And no other fish that do clean the glass will live in 3 gallons. May I suggest a tooth brush for the glass just scrub the glass with each water change.

One last question. I have a 3 gallon with only a betta, and a banana plant. I need a algae eater or pleco. What do you recommend that is compatible with both bettas and plants?

No you don't need an algae eater.
A. Not enough room

Put your light on a timer. Don't overfeed. Change water weekly or twice a week if needed.

Lights only need to be on 6-8hrs daily. No direct sunlight.
Algae is a sign, something is out of balance.

No shrimp, the Betta will kill them. Ghost Shrimp may survive.

Plecos are poop machines and even tiny species usually need at least 20g.

A Snail will starve unless you plan to feed it.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom