Banana Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smcoyle87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK so I was watching a youtube video on some guys tank and I noticed that his Lilies (what he called them) are actually what everyone refers to as Banana Plants! Pretty cool! Maybe im out of the loop but i never knew that.
Just wanted to share because that's pretty awesome. (Nymphoides aquatica)

Yeah haha myLFS sells alot of them, but personally, I have never like them. I think they're really cool though!

I have a banana plant and it is doing HORRIBLY. I have no idea why, but a leaf will sprout and wither away. Sprout and wither away

Mumma.of.two said:
^^^ still having issues with that silly plant?! Lol.

I have one in my 70g. I think there is a pic in my profile of it. :)

Lol yes! I have tried tying it right next to the lighting (i will replace bulbs soon:)) and everything. I have accepted that my plant dislikes me haha

Mumma.of.two said:
^^^ still having issues with that silly plant?! Lol.

I have one in my 70g. I think there is a pic in my profile of it. :)

I really wanted one, until I saw the picture of it in your albums. Lol that thing is HUGE! you gotta get a frog to sit on it :).

Your tanks look stunning in those pictures btw.

Sorry for the dumb question, but do you bury these plants under the gravel? For some reason, I want to get one now hahaha

Gboy66 said:
Lol yes! I have tried tying it right next to the lighting (i will replace bulbs soon:)) and everything. I have accepted that my plant dislikes me haha

Haha... replace those bulbs! Lol

George9 said:
I really wanted one, until I saw the picture of it in your albums. Lol that thing is HUGE! you gotta get a frog to sit on it :).

Your tanks look stunning in those pictures btw.

Thank you! It got a lot bigger than I thought it would. The leaf stems are about 2-2.5 foot long.

Austin.b said:
Sorry for the dumb question, but do you bury these plants under the gravel? For some reason, I want to get one now hahaha
I buried bottom 1/3 of the roots and left the top 2/3 uncovered.

Back
Top Bottom