bba idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If thats a concern for you, than you should definitely consider getting one. You could also try a lower co2 level and just leave it on, or run it at full strength and have a bubbler cone on at night.

I usually have it on all night at about 1 bubble per 2-3 seconds. I just don't know what to do about this algae it won't go away. So It's getting to the point where I'm not worried about nuking my tank. It's either that and try to save something or start completely over. I will try to turn up the co2 and see if that will do anything if you believe it will work

Bba is usually a sign if low co2. If you're not also doing something to kill the algae already there, it will be a slow dieoff. I would up the co2 and spot treat the akgae already there.

Do you have a drop checker?

Hmm, its kind of risky to run co2 without one. You should be fine in a tank that size with 2 bps, but I would be nervous to go much higher. Drop checkers are pretty cheap on ebay I think.

Ok I have a bubble counter set up but nothing to check the level me co2 in the aquarium. I also have a lot me plants in there.

A drop checker is a little glass bell in your tank that changes color based on co2 levels. You can also use the co2/pH/KH charts to get a rough measure of your co2.

I got two sae and they ate all my bba. They are awesome you gotta keep them hungry tho. Like I fed my fish like once a week. Like got the fish Sunday didn't feed them until like friday. And just have their feeding spread way out and they do an awesome job

Back
Top Bottom