bba idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greatsoccerman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have bba I was thinking I could take the fish out and just add some bleach to the water and let it cycle for a while. I have plants in there and dirt and clay in the tank too

Please don't do that. Bleach will surely harm if not kill anything that's in the tank along with anything put in there after, the filter bacteria will be killed off and you will have to start from scratch. Please do a search on older threads and you will find better methods of control.

I have searched and done the excel method kie h2o2 method and it keep coming back. I would not fill the tank up w/th bleach but do like a 1 to 10 ratio or something. I know it will kill the bacteria but it will kill the bba as well so its worth it.

Yeah, def. dont do bleach. Scrubbing and water changes have always been my go to method for getting rid of algae.

The algae keeps regrowing because there is some other imbalance in the tank. Bba usually means excess light fir the amount of co2 available. What kind of light do you have in the tank?

Thats really barely any co2 at all. I run 1.5-2 bps on my 40 with ab atomizer. I would expect at least 3-4 bps on a tank that size. Do you have a drop checker?

Back
Top Bottom