Bcarl's 10 gallon rescape journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is your CO2 and light level? From your previous post you have the ferts covered. I'm suspecting too little carbon and/or too little light intensity. OS.

The lighting and carbon hasnt changed. Ive trimmed the dead growth back over the past 2 weeks and the new growth is looking good again.

As I promised OS earlier I would make a long overdue update of my tank. The biggest change was adding an arduino controller to simulate the natural day. This involved sunrise/sunset occasional clouds and random thunderstorms. Further info and credit goes to the guys at TPT forum in the DIY section. This was an extremely cool project and added a whole new dimension to my tank. That being said there was a significant change the time the light was now going to be on for. I went conservative on the amount of time that the Full spectrum lights were on (4 Hrs) since sunrise starts at 7 and sunset about 630ish. The limited light time killed a large potion of the rotala indica and the cabomba was suffering. I updated the F/S period to now run for 6 hours and everything seems back to normal. I am slowly growing back the rotala indica and getting ready to trim the cabomba yet again. One issue i have had with the cabomba is every time I trim it the original stem dies. Does anyone have some tips to prevent this? I would really like to fill out the left corner like I've done with the bacopa. Last update is I will be moving in about a month and could be starting my 26bf soon!

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 45
Tank looks really sweet bcarl! Plants look great. That's weird that your Cabomba bottoms are not resprouting. I haven't had Cabomba in many years and I can't remember much about it. The Ambulia I had resprouted well after trimming. Your Crypt is awesome. OS.

Back
Top Bottom