BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcarl_10gal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys the title says it all! I am building a 26 gallon high tech bowfront! Hope you subscribe this should be a fun build! Now lets get down to the fun stuff!

Tank: 26 aqueon bf glass aquarium (24x16x21)
Lights: 18" Current LED planted plus (running on arduino controller for effects)
18" Build my Led w/ dimmer
CO2: Aquatek paintball regulator, GLA atomic diffusers
Filtration: Aquaclear 30 with an ehiem skimmer
Ferts: PPS Pro method
Water: RO/DI (im on well water which uses salt)
Substrate: Activ-Flora black
Fish: 5 rummy nose tetras, 5 neon tetras, 2 GBRs, 2 otos, 1 rubber lipped pleco
Plants: S.Repens, Moneywart, Mermaid weed, Diandra, AR Mini?, UG? *Subject to change*
Hardscape: Seiryu stone, Manzanita driftwood

Currently I have just finished painting the background, I am waiting for the substrate which is back ordered and may take a few weeks. I am about to order the light from BML I think i am going with the 18" since it is significantly less than the 24" and I can still lay it on the versa top. If the light to to dull on the edge of the tank I can stagger the 2 lights along the top! I am hoping to have the tank running by June 1!!

Welcome aboard! I ordered the BML tonight! Really looking forward to receiving it!

Wow a Current Sat+ and a BML?!? Awesome combo! Can't wait to see them next to each other on that bad boy! Haha

You get the BML in black? Impressive that you're also going to use an Arduino controller. Was the coding/programming difficult?

Anyways, sounds like a fun build. Following :)

You guys really had me sold on the planted + until last night/this morning when i realized i would feel like i would have to upgrade it to grow something new. Then after realizing i could save a bunch of money by going with the 18inch i just couldnt say no!! The arduino will take this tank to the next level it has been running on my 10 gal for months now and i love it and show it off to everyone. The project its self wasnt too bad. I am not a tech guy but with the thread on TPT i figured it out. By far my favorite feature! If you want to build one i can help you out.

It's possible... I'm content with my configuration and the use of a single ramp timer. But if I all of a sudden have the urge to get to tinkering, I'll take you up on that. I'm more of a consumer ready lights for dummies sort of guy. Lol

The most DIY I've tried so far is CO2 and our DIY conduit pipe light suspension. Fun projects.

I dont blame ya! The ramp timer just didnt have all of the functionality i wanted.

Still no updates on the Activ-Flora or BML hopefully it will arrive in a week or so! In the mean time I may draw up a plan for the scape and figure out exactly what plants I want!

Here is a rough sketch of what I am thinking. It will be a Dutch/Igwami fusion aquascape. I would love to get some suggestions and input on the stem plants in the back. I am pretty sold on Diandra and Gold Crepping Jenny but the middle stem plants is still undecided.

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).jpg
    photo 1 (2).jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 259
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 239
Alright, my update is there is no update. Its been 10 business days since i ordered my BML and havent heard from them so I sent an email today. The substrate is still on back order and if I can't get an update by tuesday I will switch to eco complete fine.

Alright, my update is there is no update. Its been 10 business days since i ordered my BML and havent heard from them so I sent an email today. The substrate is still on back order and if I can't get an update by tuesday I will switch to eco complete fine.

My bml and solunar took about 7 weeks from ordering to arrive in the UK

I really hope it doesnt take that long, did they send you updates during the build process?

I really hope it doesnt take that long, did they send you updates during the build process?

They say that they do this on their website but i received no updates and only heard from them when i emailed them.

Im very impressed by their products
Not impressed with their communication/customer care

Update: Eco Fine grade should be arriving tomorrow and that means the tank will finally begin set up!! Bad news: BML is still waiting on a power supply and I wont get it until I get back in town.

I got the tank up and running last night! It had cleared up by this morning and looks great. I will be adding some plants and hardscape from my ten gallon to aid in the cycle. The fun aquascaping will start in a week or so.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402497722.308035.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402497722.308035.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 258
Here we go! Added the existing fish and plants from my 10 gal to help the cycle. Bring on the diatoms!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402537255.610844.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402537255.610844.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 238
Back
Top Bottom