Bcarl's 5 Gal. Hex Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks really nice!

CPDs need to be in a large group in order to be comfortable. I'd do a group of male Endlers.

Looks really nice!

CPDs need to be in a large group in order to be comfortable. I'd do a group of male Endlers.

Thanks,

Endlers was the initial thought. Also my LFS carries them. I'd be open to other "micro" fish as well. How do they behave in tanks?

Thanks,

Endlers was the initial thought. Also my LFS carries them. I'd be open to other "micro" fish as well. How do they behave in tanks?

I have a group of pygmy spotted rasboras (B. maculatus) in a similar sized tank. Really nice red color, peaceful, not shy.

For a variety of color though the Endlers are a good choice. Definitely not shy and no issues keeping a group of males together.

Nice looking setup. Everything so clean, tidy, and healthy. Looking forward to this growing out.
How about the white base? Hit it up with black spray paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice looking setup. Everything so clean, tidy, and healthy. Looking forward to this growing out.
How about the white base? Hit it up with black spray paint?

Maybe, the white base doesn't bother me nearly as much as the white trim. I will probably hold off on that... I'm looking forward to see how it grows out too, hopefully I have enough light on it!

Probably. I'm anxious to see them so I'll look on my laptop in a second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome but anybody else seeing "Image not found"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's odd. Looks fine in the app (running IOS) and in the web view in the app. I have not tried the full browser version.

Probably switching the clip stingray for a regular 12" version. Just noticed the clip on uses a 620nm red led while the regular uses a 660nnm red, which is better for plants.

I see it now, on a laptop. It wasn't working in the tapatalk app for me.

I really like it! (rimless) hexagon are normally larger tanks but I think it looks great for this size. The plants look really healthy and the layout is nice.

I dig it!

I see it now, on a laptop. It wasn't working in the tapatalk app for me.

I really like it! (rimless) hexagon are normally larger tanks but I think it looks great for this size. The plants look really healthy and the layout is nice.

I dig it!

Thanks! The star repens is already starting to take ground. Im curious to see what the downoi will do. Ive always wanted to grow this plant well...

I decided to mod the light to get rid of the blue hue. Wrapped some black electrical tape around the blue diodes. Like the look much better now.

Maybe this weekend.... Im going to start looking for some shrimp too

Today i am thankful to have a tank in which i am able to grow star repens...

Got some new friends today!! Can anyone recommend what food or other stuff they may like?
img_3313677_0_bea49fc90796b9c37132713fb2b671cd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome! RCS are great! I feed mine hikari sinking pellets and algae wafers along with bloodworms... I feed once every day through the rotation

Feed Hikari Crab cuisine, Hikari algae wafers, zucchini, and they just eat anything they can find. Trying some red betta food now to see if it can improve their color.

Yay, shrimp!

They really will eat anything and love to graze on biofilm. I only feed my shrimip every other day since it's very easy to over feed. I like Han Aquatics shrimp foods, currently use his Special Blend, Fruit Mix, and Spinach. Not messy, shrimp love it, and reasonbly priced.

Thanks for all the tips guys! Is cholla wood, alder cones or almond leaves worth it??

Back
Top Bottom