Beginner plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking for suggestions on beginner plants. I only have fake plants now. My tank is a 29 gallon community with play sand substrate. I want something that's easy to take care of. Something that I don't have to give any nutrients to or whatever you feed live plants haha. I was thinking maybe water sprite?? Also, I notice my mollies always biting my fake plants, will they eat the live ones? Thanks!

Mollies are omnivores so they like vegetable matter in their diet. They are most likely eating the algae or biofilm off your fake plants. They may nip leaves off very delicate plants, but the plants I'm recommending are not delicate. Feeding them some veggies might help though.
I would recommend #1 anubias (should be tied on wood, rock or decoration, not planted in substrate), #2 java ferns (same applies), and #3 java moss. If you like the look of Marino miss balls you could also try those :) enjoy your first plants!

Back
Top Bottom