Beginner question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29 gallon with 2 Anubius plants right now. I'm looking to make this take a low light planted tank using liquid fertilizers and root tabs. There are four plants in particular that I really like: java ferns, anacharis, cobamba, and the banana plant!!!

Live aquaria has all of them except they don't have any stock of the banana plant. Will these all grow well in a low light situation? I'm talking the basic lighting!

Also, does anyone know where I could get some giant hair grass? That's another plant I really like!!!

If your using stock lighting the Cabomba won't do well. Giant Hairgrass needs medium to high light if I remember correctly. You need to stick to low light tolerant plants such as Crypts, Anubia's, Java ferns, Bolbitus, and Jungle Val.

If your using stock lighting the Cabomba won't do well. Giant Hairgrass needs medium to high light if I remember correctly. You need to stick to low light tolerant plants such as Crypts, Anubia's, Java ferns, Bolbitus, and Jungle Val.

Which one of those could I use for a background plant?

PM Jetajockey as he might have some.

The OP said they are using a liquid fert not liquid carbon so anacharis is fine.

Which light is good for plants? 17 watt t8 full spectrum lamp or a 17 watt t8 flora sun??

Instead of good for plants which one is better for plants???

The flora sun has 610 mm's. Not sure what that is?

Back
Top Bottom