Bert’s Ada gardens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bert2oo1

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I’ve decided to just make 1 thread for all 3 of my Ada tanks. I’ve got the 60p and 30c on the way aswell as 1kg of bogwood and 8kg of seiryu stone.

30c info:
Ada Amazonia
Preasurised co2 (in tank diffuser)
Sun sun canister filter with lily pipes
Makemyled lighting with auto controller
Lava rock
Driftwood

Plants: pearlweed, Monte Carlo, fissidon fontanus, Christmas moss, anubias nana petite, crypt parva, dwarf hairgrass.

Fish: betta of some kind.

60p info
ada Amazonia
Preasurised co2 (inline diffuser or reactor)
Aqua one 700 canister filter with lily pipes
Makemyled lighting with auto controller
Seiryu stone
Bog wood

Pants: various bucephalandra, Christmas moss, fissidon fontanus, anubias nana petite, dwarf hairgrass, ludwigia super red mini, ludwigia glandulosa, pogostemon helfari, stour repens.

Fish: 2 German blue rams, 3 SAE’s

60h info
Ada Amazonia
Preasurised co2 with reactor
Aqua one 1200 canister filter
Makemyled lighting with wifi controller
Random garden stones and seiryu stone

Plants: anubias nana, anubias nana petite, hc Cuba, pogostemon helfari, bylxa japonica, crypt parva, bucephalandra, crested Java fern.

Fish: cherry barbs, black neon tetras, white clouds, red cherry shrimp.

Pics coming soon.

Wow - was it Tasmania you are in? Thinking the shop shelves will be empty there now. The bogwood and stone sound impressive!!

Wow - was it Tasmania you are in? Thinking the shop shelves will be empty there now. The bogwood and stone sound impressive!!

@fresh2o, haha I’m excited for the postman to come I tell u [emoji23]

@delapool, I got the stone and rock from your neck of the woods, aquarium gallery. Got the tanks from nature aquarium in nsw as well as the Ada substrate and the additives [emoji16].

@tmaier a Lilly pipe is those glass filter pipes you see that look like a wine glass [emoji16] still need to purchase them and the canister for the 30c but should be able to order them next week. Them making it through the post without being broken is going to be the real challenge.

You’re just teasing us. Where are the pictures!!!

Next week I should hopefully have some pictures of the shipment [emoji16] I might start building the new stand this weekend [emoji106]

So just received an email from nature aquarium and the 60p is out of stock for another 6 weeks so I’ve got a 6-8 week wait on the tank [emoji20] the 30c and everything else is on its way though [emoji16] gives me plenty of time to play with wood and rocks while I wait! [emoji106]

Is that last shot your tank? You pulled it all together?

Yea last pics the 60h I’ve had for a while now. Rescaped it about 4 weeks ago. Still fighting off a minor algae bloom, cryno and BBA. I ran the tank without co2 with full strength lights for over a week after the rescape (was over Christmas) and the shop I get my cyclinders filled was closed! Doh!

Plus I’ve been very slack with water changes due to a busy festive season and I’m lazy haha

I thought it looked a bit familiar. It’s looking good. A little algae is good. Feeds the snails.

I wish my LFS had a scape practice tank. It could be as simple as 3 sides of plywood (with inch/cm markings) and a pile of sand. Great way to work things out.
I like #1 and #4.

I wish my LFS had a scape practice tank. It could be as simple as 3 sides of plywood (with inch/cm markings) and a pile of sand. Great way to work things out.
I like #1 and #4.

Agree’d fresh. Something that’s so simple. Then everyone can try all the rocks and wood and decide what will work for the scape they want to make. Shops are mad not to have it if u ask me!

Thanks for the input guys, looks like #4 is in the lead so far [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom