Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-14-2017, 12:40 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bert2oo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,394
Bert's ADA cube garden

Hey guys I've pulled the trigger on an Ada cube garden. I've always wanted a "show tank" so I felt the ADA cube garden was the tank for me.

I still have to buy everything but I've just brought the tank and the substrate so it should be here next week or the week after.

Here's my plans:

Tank: ADA Cube garden 60x45x45cm (120l)

Substrate: ADA Amazonia aquasoil.

Filtration: Aqua one 750 or an eBay canister (not sure yet)

Co2: chihiros co2 regulator with 2.6kg bottle, upAqua inline diffuser.

Lighting: chihiros A series with light stand

Hardscape: seyiu stone, driftwood

Plants: crypt wendtii, crypt walkeri, crested Java fern, Java fern, needle Java, AR mini, lobelia cardinals, hydrocotyle Japan, bylxa japonica, crispus (maybe), rotala bonsai, bacopa, anubias nana petite, weeping moss, Monte Carlo.

Plants list may change but I'm pretty happy with the choices and I think they will work in the layout I have planned.

Going for a nature scape. Vertical driftwood in the middle surrounded by rocks and then planted out all around to make it "pop".

Really looking forward to putting all this together. May even go for a more low tech approach and run no co2 and lower lighting.

Stay tuned!
__________________

__________________
Bert2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KingKoopa512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert2oo1 View Post
Hey guys I've pulled the trigger on an Ada cube garden. I've always wanted a "show tank" so I felt the ADA cube garden was the tank for me.

I still have to buy everything but I've just brought the tank and the substrate so it should be here next week or the week after.

Here's my plans:

Tank: ADA Cube garden 60x45x45cm (120l)

Substrate: ADA Amazonia aquasoil.

Filtration: Aqua one 750 or an eBay canister (not sure yet)

Co2: chihiros co2 regulator with 2.6kg bottle, upAqua inline diffuser.

Lighting: chihiros A series with light stand

Hardscape: seyiu stone, driftwood

Plants: crypt wendtii, crypt walkeri, crested Java fern, Java fern, needle Java, AR mini, lobelia cardinals, hydrocotyle Japan, bylxa japonica, crispus (maybe), rotala bonsai, bacopa, anubias nana petite, weeping moss, Monte Carlo.

Plants list may change but I'm pretty happy with the choices and I think they will work in the layout I have planned.

Going for a nature scape. Vertical driftwood in the middle surrounded by rocks and then planted out all around to make it "pop".

Really looking forward to putting all this together. May even go for a more low tech approach and run no co2 and lower lighting.

Stay tuned!
Very nice Bert I had a Ada mini m was just to small for me
__________________

__________________
KingKoopa512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
fishenthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,081
Bert's ADA cube garden

I look forward to seeing the progress! That's a nice list of plants. Check out my thread to see the Java Fern later this upcoming week. It may give you additional ideas if you ever want to alter the Microsorum stock. You'll be trimming those ferns often in this setup, and they'll be pearling like crazy!
__________________
fishenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bert2oo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishenthusiast View Post
I look forward to seeing the progress! That's a nice list of plants. Check out my thread to see the Java Fern later this upcoming week. It may give you additional ideas if you ever want to alter the Microsorum stock. You'll be trimming those ferns often in this setup, and they'll be pearling like crazy!


Thanks fish and KK yea I was considering getting trident Java aswell and focusing mainly on ferns but then I couldn't resist some of the other plants lol also I've already got a lot of plants on hand in my 60g Dutch so I'll be using clippings from that too I've never really had much to do with trimming javas or growing them in general lol looking to further my skills

I'm a follower of your thread so I'll be sure to check it out
__________________
Bert2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bert2oo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,394
First package arrived today! 3 bags of Ada Amazonia hoping the tank isn't far behind it as they were sent at the same time. I'm getting excited already

http://pho.to/AhQ4l
__________________
Bert2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KingKoopa512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert2oo1 View Post
First package arrived today! 3 bags of Ada Amazonia hoping the tank isn't far behind it as they were sent at the same time. I'm getting excited already

http://pho.to/AhQ4l
Awesomeness can't wait to see the new set up what light did you get for it the aquasky from ada
__________________
KingKoopa512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bert2oo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Awesomeness can't wait to see the new set up what light did you get for it the aquasky from ada


I was considering an aquasky or a chihiros a series but I've decided to be a tight @$$ and use the 2 60cm Makemyled tubes I have on the 60g. I'll just be running 2 tubes on the 60 instead of the 3 I currently use. Can't see it being much of an issue as 2 tubes are ment to give 45cm spread and the tanks 45cm lol. May need to bump the intensity abit but we will see I guess

Ordered a wifi controller and the clear brackets for the tubes so I can control the lighting with my phone
__________________
Bert2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:29 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KingKoopa512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert2oo1 View Post
I was considering an aquasky or a chihiros a series but I've decided to be a tight @$$ and use the 2 60cm Makemyled tubes I have on the 60g. I'll just be running 2 tubes on the 60 instead of the 3 I currently use. Can't see it being much of an issue as 2 tubes are ment to give 45cm spread and the tanks 45cm lol. May need to bump the intensity abit but we will see I guess

Ordered a wifi controller and the clear brackets for the tubes so I can control the lighting with my phone
Nice excited to see it to new build . Any ideas on the scape
__________________
KingKoopa512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:39 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bert2oo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Nice excited to see it to new build . Any ideas on the scape


Yeah I've got a few images in my head but not sure what I'll go with. I've been trying to find the right bits of driftwood but so far it's been very difficult lol found a few nice pieces yesterday but I need the tank to know where to trim them
__________________
Bert2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bert2oo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa512 View Post
Nice excited to see it to new build . Any ideas on the scape


Put together a mock up of the hardscape im thinking of doing, plant list has changed a fair bit. But I'll re assess that when I actually do the plant order going for a nature theme and I think something like this has a real potential if I choose my plants carefully. Weeping moss and bolbitus is a must I'd say!

Here's a pic of the mock up I did in the old 30g I have (new tank is 12cm wider tho so I'll have more room to get a bit more depth!

http://pho.to/AhUEQ
__________________

__________________
Bert2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5 Gal ADA Cube Garden #2 Journal fort384 Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 198 05-23-2011 08:43 PM
Now Bert with "moldy" looking spot on fin new2betas Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 4 08-19-2008 10:20 AM
Current pics of Bert the Betta and cory friend new2betas Show Off/Photography 7 07-28-2008 07:04 AM
ADA Cube Garden - 60P - 11-29-07 update Zezmo Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 21 12-03-2007 06:45 PM
R.I.P Bert and Ernie :( DeFeKt Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 17 05-04-2005 05:25 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.