Best CO2 accessories? --Not sure what to upgrade to.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
So when I bought everything to put my co2 together a few months ago, I went the cheapest route possible so that I wouldn't end up wasting a rediculous amount of money (to me) on something that I didn't end up using for long. Now that I'm wondering if I should upgrade to some better items, or if it really doesnt matter much.

My main concern is the diffuser. I'd really like to replace that, but not sure with what. The one I am currently using I got from amazon for like $4.00 and I've got a good feeling it's not doing as good of job as it could be. I think it's aquatek, but I may be mistaken with UP Aqua. (all my pieces are either one or the other) it's called a nano diffuser, so I'm assuming it's meant for pretty small tanks.. The tank I'm running the co2 with is a 28 gallon, so should I have a bigger one? I think this is about .75" in diameter at the max.

Are certain bubble counters better than others? I have a cheap plastic one, it's round, clear, with yellow check valves integrated into it. It's very bulky, and made cheaply IMO. I'd like to try and find something a bit more visually appealing.

Last, the drop checker. Mine does a good job, but is an eye sore with the white plastic bottom suctioned to the side of my tank....I've been really interested in an all glass one, but see that they cost a pretty penny (IMO).

What are the best values for my money? I would prefer not to spend more than $15 a piece for the drop checker and diffuser (but will go higher if something is highly recommended), and I really don't see a point in paying more than $10 for the bubble counter.

OK, Last question. I have black co2 proof airline tubing running on the system right now, and that's an eyesore as well. What can I do to make it more appealing? I know that they make clear tubing, and that's the route I'll go if there really isn't any other options, but are there like glass tubes or something I can run for the part of the system in the tank so it isnt so ugly??

Thanks for any help!

Back
Top Bottom