Best LED light for a planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking maybe the fluval aquasky, they have good reviews and have heaps of goodies. With the finnex I can lower it as I won't normal use the 24/7 mode, I would only use it when I'm away and can't turn it on every day.
What ferts would you suggest as I haven't bought any yet as I am just deciding what things to buy first so I don't waste my money. Since fish keeping is so expensive.
Thanks

I was thinking maybe the fluval aquasky, they have good reviews and have heaps of goodies. With the finnex I can lower it as I won't normal use the 24/7 mode, I would only use it when I'm away and can't turn it on every day.
What ferts would you suggest as I haven't bought any yet as I am just deciding what things to buy first so I don't waste my money. Since fish keeping is so expensive.
Thanks
Thrive all in one liquid, or dry ferts from nilcog, the thing with dry is theres a lot of math to get the right dosing but once you figure that out $20.00 will probably last you 1+ years, where a bottle of liquid thrive is $18.00 not including shipping, 500ml cost me $24.99 but within 2 days of switching every one of my plants had new growth and are growing great, I used flourish and the growth was painfully slow. I also use excel but nilcog has their own liquid carbon but the cheapest route for that is glut or metricide (think that's what is called), there are more experienced members on here that will advise you on the best and cheapest route.

Fluval aquasky vs finnex planted plus 24/7

I'm deciding between these two lights for my tank I was wondering which light would be better for growing medium light plants and which one Is overall better. If you had any experience with these lights please let me know
TANK SPECS
L24" W12" H14"
Plants: blyxa japonica, crypta parva, java fern, amazon sword, Pygmy chain sword

The fluval 2.0 is a better light.No experience with the cheaper aquasky.
I have 2.0 and 24/7..The 24/7 is nice with its features..
The fluval is a better /stronger light IMO.

I'm not going to spend that much just for a light. Especially when I only have low to medium light plants

I'm deciding between these two lights for my tank I was wondering which light would be better for growing medium light plants and which one Is overall better. If you had any experience with these lights please let me know
TANK SPECS
L24" W12" H14"
Plants: blyxa japonica, crypta parva, java fern, amazon sword, Pygmy chain sword
I have the aqua sky, I wouldn't call it medium light. Works ok for low light plants. I have jungle val, Amazon sword, crypt wenditi, crypt spiralis, various anubias, and some wisteria. But it probably depends on how deep your tank is, your chain sword might not do well or any short foreground plants. I'm in Canada and it was almost $200 for the 36"-48".

Back
Top Bottom