Best Liquid Fert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm gonna walk to my LFS and see if they have what you guys recommend. I know for a fact that they have Nutrafin Plant Gro. If they don't have whatever you guys recommend will plant gro be ok?

flourish comprehensive is a good basic all around fert. It's mostly composed of micros but it does have a small amount of macros in it also. For a low tech setup I'd just go with that and be done with it rather than figure out a dry dosing routine, since ferts are not likely to be a limiting factor.

Alright well i'm heading there now. I'll let you know what i get.

Liquid Ferts

Hello Oscar...

The liquids at the chain LFS are like a lot of the stuff there. It's really "hit or miss" and you need to be selective or you waste your money.

I have several large, low tech tanks and the Nutrafin liquid is average in my opinion. Yamato Green has a good product, but you'll need at least 1 watt of light per gallon of tank size for the stuff to work well.

I've just started using very small doses of some liquids called "Earth Juice" that I get from the local hydroponics store. It's all organic and a lot cheaper than ordering on line.

Do your research and you might get lucky and find a good deal.

B

I just got a small bottle of plant gro. I don't have anything heavy right now and i just dosed my 5 and 32 gallon. I'll see if it helps. If not i'll try a better brand. Thanks for the help guys.

Oh and how often do i add a dose to my tanks?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom