Best Medium Light LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcsguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking to upgrade my lighting to LEDs. The $100-$150 range is my budget, but anything that could work for medium light plants that's under $100 would be awesome (although I'm sure that's not possible lol). So far I've looked at the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 and the FugeRay. Any other suggestions? What would I have the most luck with that has good color?

By the way it is a 48" long tank. Standard 55g

USA orbit is nice

Money can't buy happiness.... But I can buy fish, which is kind of the same thing.

Google Vivagrow DN RGB LED Aquarium Light. It is basically a knockoff of the Finnex 24/7. A 48" models sells for around $75. I have heard that it appears to be less powerful than the original. I do not know the PAR values for that fixture on a 55g, but I imagine it will be on the lower end of medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Google Vivagrow DN RGB LED Aquarium Light. It is basically a knockoff of the Finnex 24/7. A 48" models sells for around $75. I have heard that it appears to be less powerful than the original. I do not know the PAR values for that fixture on a 55g, but I imagine it will be on the lower end of medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Found it on amazon. Looks like a sweet deal, almost too good to be true lol. Unfortunately though, there are only two reviews and I can't find much about how well it grows plants.

Couldn't edit my last one for some reason, but do you think that 24/7 knockoff would be an upgrade over my T12 shoplights, or is it not worth the investment?

On a 55 the viva grow won't do much. It mimics the 247 but does yield the same power. I'd say spring for the finnex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On a 55 the viva grow won't do much. It mimics the 247 but does yield the same power. I'd say spring for the finnex

Which finnex would be best, the 24/7? I know you get what you pay for, but are there any finnex fixtures that'd be good growing medium light plants for under $140?

You could try a beamswork if budget is tight

You could try a beamswork if budget is tight

What range would that put me in? Would it grow plants like ludwigia, bacopa and Monte Carlo decently? Can't find much on the PAR

Think so, pm sinibotia, he got one a few months back. There is also a thread dedicated to them on the planted tank. Lots of info there.

Back
Top Bottom