Best places to buy plants online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

I was just curious where the best places to buy plants online was? Preferably with the most reasonably priced shipping?

Thanks!

Where ever you go. Be careful because its winter. I'm not sure where you live but If you do choose to buy now I recommend getting the fastest shipping possible. There are one or two online sites based in Florida. Not sure of the names but rivercats and other members may chime in with them. Good luck! And let us know how your purchase goes!

I have ordered from aquariumplants.com and I am very pleased with what I got. All the plants in my 60g are from there. I also order plants from AA members in the classifieds section and AquaBid is the majority.

I also have bought many plants off ebay from a seller called mike's wet pets or something like that. I agree becareful because of the cold temps in some places.

I also have bought many plants off ebay from a seller called mike's wet pets or something like that. I agree becareful because of the cold temps in some places.

I have ordered from mikeswetpets also, he has some good plants too. I received plants last week with no heat pack and they all arrived safely even through the weekend (shipped Saturday arrived Tuesday) and it was 20 degrees here, and I have shipped plants to NY to California with only 40 hour heat packs and they all made it well. Just see what the weather will be like in the next few days. I recommend heat packs for anything 50 F or below.

I buy from Hobbyists. Mostly on The Planted Tank. I get free plants from my club members, but if I see something I want that's where I look for it.

So far all good experiences. Typically have extras in the bag. I hope to get over my avoidance of shipping and sell some of my plants someday.

I have a Manzanita branch covered in Moss and Ferns that is just too big for my 5.5g.

Back
Top Bottom