BEST PLANT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyT~

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering if there is a low maintenance plant that is good for fresh water tank.

i have 46 gallon with two gold gouramis, 1 bala shark, two clown loaches and one spotted catfish.

i believe i have read that a live plant is good for your tank also is this right?

thanks
T~

There are tons of good plants and I think "Best" is really up to the person that keeps it. My favorites are Hornwort (short lived in my tank due to the Barbs) and Anacharis. You may want to repost this in the planted forum.

Anubias Barterii, by far one of the lowest maintenance plants around, and you can tie it down instead of planting it if you want. IMO of course.

Fishyfanatic,

What kind of barbs are you referring to? I'm planning on a tank with tiger barbs and cherry barbs, and was planning on both plants you mentioned. :(

Anubias barteri (as the Wiz said) and Java fern are two of the best low-light, low-maintenance plants around. Basically set-it-and-forget-it plants. As long as your tank does not get too dirty and has close to 1 watt per gallon or more of light, you can't really go wrong with them. And they are extremely durable, I haven't found a fish yet who will eat them :)

My Favorite so far has got to be Cryptocorene Wendtii. The version sold as Bronze Wendtii seems to be some pretty tough stuff.

Also as travis said, Anubias Barteri and also Anubia Coffeefolia are great, the Coffee version is just shorter.

Good call Skyrmir :) C. wendtii is a great hearty low-light plant. It also comes in a wide variety of color variations and is another species that I've never seen any fish try to eat.

HOLY SMOKES thats a lot of good choices!!! thanks so much guys!
i will let you know what i pick ;)

Back
Top Bottom