Best plants for Dwarf frogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squiffy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Posted this in the amphibian forum but got no responses. Hoping you guys will be able to help me out.

I'm planning a substrate change within the next few weeks and want to switch out my fake plants for real ones. Which plants would my frog and snails love most.

10g tank:
2 mystery snails
1 African dwarf frog (going to get him a buddy soon)
5 danios

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive no experience with the frogs but im going to offer you my thoughts on this...

From what ive read on this forum the frogs like to dig and play in the substrate. So logically plants with a large root system may be better to anchor themselves firmly.

I would suggest cryptocorne species but these gather all of their nutrients solely from their roots, so will need root tabs.

Anubias plants are also good but should be kept out of the substrate. Tie them to rocks or driftwood and over time their roots will latch hold. The root systems they grow look pretty cool also, like something from a mangrove swamp. These are solely water column feeders.

You could also try java ferns and mosses on driftwood in the same way. They look pretty cool

These are very basic plants that will thrive in low lighting conditions, with little fertilisers.

Hope this has been somewhat useful to you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Theres plenty other plants you could try but this side of the hobby can get expensive quickly. The ones i mentioned are cheap, easy and readily available

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom