Best screw in cfls?!! (Or other cheap lighting)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone I have a dilemma. So the first lights that were 20 watt color max bulbs by coralife came in today after I canceled them lol. I screwed them in and they actually fit. I also checked my hoods wattage capacity and it all checks out. I still have 2 10 watt zoo med day lights that I was originally going to use. Which ones should I take back and which should I use? Again it's a 10 gallon tank and I'm growing guppy grass, red crypts, and java fern.

Hey everyone I have a dilemma. So the first lights that were 20 watt color max bulbs by coralife came in today after I canceled them lol. I screwed them in and they actually fit. I also checked my hoods wattage capacity and it all checks out. I still have 2 10 watt zoo med day lights that I was originally going to use. Which ones should I take back and which should I use? Again it's a 10 gallon tank and I'm growing guppy grass, red crypts, and java fern.

I would send the Coralife back. Colormax AFAIK are 50/50 bulbs and not great for plants. Also 40 total watts might be a bit much starting out. Might end up with Algae.

Above is a picture of my tank and the two different bulbs that we are debating^^^. Again my tank is a 10 gallon. Anyone else have an opinion? I'm a noob obviously and this setup is only 3 weeks old. I didn't have to cycle it because all I changed was the substrate and added plants (didn't even change the water). So technically I guess this makes this setup about a year old before the plant revamp. Again, anyone have a preference between the 2 bulbs?

I am dosing excel and flourish comprehensive and I have root tabs... Does anyone else have an opinion about the two different bulbs? I just want to know so I can send one set back!!!

Sorry to be so late. I agree completely with everyone here. The ZooMeds are the ones to keep, but I'd love to try the Corallife bulbs over a 20 gallon.

Great choice in using Seachem ferts. I dose PPS-Pro mostly but I still use the same ferts you have for my daughter's Fluval Spec 5. I also love their root tabs and use them in every tank. They never fail to improve the health and growth of all the root feeding plants I've ever kept.

Ok!!! I'm sending back the coralife bulbs. Oh and coralinealgea, the name of the bulbs are coralife color max and they come in 20 and 10 watts. They are a bit pink though, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom