Best way to raise GH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your gh/kh is below your target point, there isn't much use for them unless you really want the control.

Right , no point for me right know. What i have to figure out is why my shrimp are dying . GH seem the cause. Adding nitrate make them agitated to leave they aquarium. Maybe a contaminants . Noise from the pump. Water movement . All of they above .

Ok here what i am going to do. First, every day i do a 10% water change. In the new water i will add, my fertilizer nitrate and GH boosters. The nexts days a bit more until i have 120 GH and 10 ppm nitrate.
Keep it up for 2 weeks, then add some fish for nitrate. After that kill my self to having wasted so much time and money and probably still can't get right.

OasisKeeper said:
LOL. You do remember you took on a high tech planted tank for the challenge right? :lol:

You're doing fine. If it were all that easy, it wouldn't be fun. :dance:

Thanks for the encouragement. I will dance. More like crazy people dance, but y will be dancing.

I found a product for shrimp GH call shrimp supplement, i thing its only calcium in it. I am thinking of using this? what do you thing?

By the way, limestone work great for gh booster here, but the thing is. If you have problem in your aquarium, you don't know what in your limestone, like copper or hard metal. so i got rid of it. until i can find suitable replacement.

ok just to finish this tread, i got a some red volcano calcium rock from a store to get the some calcium in my aquarium. Amazingly srimps love this stuff. there all over it. no problem for fish and it give some plants the calcium they need.

Back
Top Bottom