Betta Tank : I need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Black Orchid (color pattern) possibly rose tail or double tail I cant really get a good view of the center of the tail, and if the scales are metallic and white looking would be called Dragonscale.

He does have shiny silver scales, so I think he could be a dragon scale. He doesn't have a split tail so he's not a double tail. I thought he might be a rose, but his tail doesn't seem quite big enough to be one. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him flare yet. I snapped a few more pics of him, these should show his tail aand his scales a little better.

Sent from a rebellious phone that refuses to stay on

Attachments

• 1427628510130.jpg
    1427628510130.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 59
  • 1427628541102.jpg
    1427628541102.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 59
I want to say it looks like a Super Delta from the positioning of the top and hind fins.

Oh and make it 2 admirers ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I want to say it looks like a Super Delta from the positioning of the top and hind fins.

Oh and make it 2 admirers ?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Oh, are there actually ways to tell different kinds apart by the positioning of their fins? I thought the only way was to look at the color of the scales and fins. I googled super delta tail and it looks like he could be a cross between a rose and a super delta, his fins are a bit too rumpled and folded for a super delta but not big enough to be a rose. But hey, he's still pretty no matter what he is, and I think he knows it, cause he keeps swimming to the front of the tank and showing off when I walk by.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh, are there actually ways to tell different kinds apart by the positioning of their fins? I thought the only way was to look at the color of the scales and fins. I googled super delta tail and it looks like he could be a cross between a rose and a super delta, his fins are a bit too rumpled and folded for a super delta but not big enough to be a rose. But hey, he's still pretty no matter what he is, and I think he knows it, cause he keeps swimming to the front of the tank and showing off when I walk by.

Positioning is how you tell the difference lol whether they overlap or not, shape, size, color. :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yes I'd say super delta. I was just looking at some bettas on Instagram a few SDs came up in the feed.

If you ever want to drool over some cool bettas, the account: "goldenbetta" is amazing...just saying :D

Yes I'd say super delta. I was just looking at some bettas on Instagram a few SDs came up in the feed.

If you ever want to drool over some cool bettas, the account: "goldenbetta" is amazing...just saying :D

I actually don't use Instagram, but I might just go check it out. I am so jealous of the people with multiple tanks and multiple bettas, must be amazing.

I actually don't use Instagram, but I might just go check it out. I am so jealous of the people with multiple tanks and multiple bettas, must be amazing.

Multiple bettas.....Hahahaha just wait to you see. I didn't start using Insta till I realized I could follow fish pages

Back
Top Bottom