Big prob. In lil' China!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinafina

Aquarium Advice Activist
I somehow got a lil bit of soap in my filter, I only noticed bcuz my dwarf puffer was acting funny. Took fish out into clean treated water and did a 100% WC. When can I add them
Back into the tank? And can they live overnight without filter?

Do another 100% wc might do some good. Then you can add your dp back into the tank.

They can live without a filter for a night or two, but add an airstone into the water so your fish can breathe.

I just added all the fish back in. No trace of soap. The alkaline And ph was a tad bit high, from the stick tester. I am a new to this aquarium world. Am getting all the important accurate necessities tomorrow. I am learning alot from this forum and appreciate all the info. Greatly.

So u may be able to answer this:
I got 3 fish 1 being a DP. 1 week later the DP started to grow a weird fungus like cotton-y growth on the tail. Hasn't effected his behavior. I bought Mardel and added it for 4 days now and Nothing. Do u know what it is? It's getting bigger.

Attachments

• image-4097341318.jpg
    image-4097341318.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 79
that fish looks more like a figure 8 puffer to me. how big is it?

I'm not very knowledgeable on fish disease. Maybe Saprolegnia Fungus?

I'm not sure how reliable this site may be, but give it a try: Diagnosing by Symptoms

Back
Top Bottom