Bill's return of the 12 gallon long...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been lurking on this thread for awhile. It's definitely coming together nicely! I love the detail of the light underneath. I'd kill for something like that on my stand.

I'm going to be getting a 75 gal next year. I want to build my own stand, so I'm mentally filing away great ideas like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've been lurking on this thread for awhile. It's definitely coming together nicely! I love the detail of the light underneath. I'd kill for something like that on my stand.

I'm going to be getting a 75 gal next year. I want to build my own stand, so I'm mentally filing away great ideas like this.

Thanks! No need to lurk, feel free to chime in anytime! Feedback and comments are always appreciated! I'd rather have a busy thread than a dead one! :D

Stand looks awesome!! One question, will you be able to run the cord from the light through the conduit, or will you just zip tie it to the outside?

Stand looks awesome!! One question, will you be able to run the cord from the light through the conduit, or will you just zip tie it to the outside?

Thank you! Hopefully I can run the cord through the conduit... I haven't checked the size of the connector vs inside diameter of the pipe yet... I suppose I should go do that now... Lol

Wow, looks really sharp man. Love what you did with it and can't wait to see the finished product. Whats the plant and fish plan for this tank again?

Thank you! I'd take some better pictures of it finished up, but the lighting hasn't been great in this room. I'll try tomorrow. Not sure about stocking yet. I'm listing my house for sale in a few weeks, so I'll probably hold off on getting too far along with this tank until we sell and find a new place. I've been considering a school of green neon tetras, and a few other fish... Maybe some small corys, or I'd really like to get a male albino bn pleco... I'm sure people will say the tank is too small though... Lol... plants, I've kind of considered doing easy care stuff, possibly some Java Fern "trident" bushes and some moss. Like I said, it's still up in the air... Heck, I might get bored by the time we move and do a complete rescape again... Haha

Got the shelf in this morning and stocked it up with some of my "fish stuff." Now I just need to finish up the light bar, and find some way to hang my tools.

Wow! I applaud your efforts. Sweet looking cabinet. And the tank looks nice as well. Grommet on the hole...very polished looking.
Perhaps you can affix hooks via Command Strips on the interior sides of the doors to hang the tools.

Wow! I applaud your efforts. Sweet looking cabinet. And the tank looks nice as well. Grommet on the hole...very polished looking.
Perhaps you can affix hooks via Command Strips on the interior sides of the doors to hang the tools.

Thanks fresh! I appreciate the kind words! Still not sure how I'll go about hanging the tools or where... I've thought about the doors, next to the power strip, or on the side next above the filter... Decisions, decisions...

Can't wait to get the light bar done! Hopefully I can work on that this afternoon. :)

I forgot to mention the bulkhead fittings and minimal slack in the pump lines. Talk about maximum gph.
You could go with these or something similar since they are white and should blend in with the back panel: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F...&dpID=41Vw3Gedd5L&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
You could put a hook on the inside area of the door for hanging a clipboard (for receipts, kit inserts, etc.)

Got the shelf in this morning and stocked it up with some of my "fish stuff." Now I just need to finish up the light bar, and find some way to hang my tools.

This is absolutely superb work, Bill! Can't wait to see it all done with the lightbar too!

Killer stand and great tank set up. I hope my stand comes out half a good as yours

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom