BioCube 29g planted, possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May go with bolivian rams, easy spawners.

Here is a FTS. I addded a crypt, val, ocelot sword, and ludwigia

ForumRunner_20120309_121031.jpg

Great article!!! That's really cool the local fish club is helping out, it's still really neat you are doing such a nice thing with that tank. Btw thumbs up on the rams!!!

Putting this tank together has me pretty stoked to move so I can set up my 90 gallon that I have in storage. I am looking to buy a house and what ever I buy, WILL have a fish room with a RO system for quick and easy wc. My 29g reef is cool, but I like fw much better. I still see too much has to be wild collected with marine, and I am not convinced of the ethical manner of the collection.

Yeah that's the exact reason I stay away from the saltwater hobby. Too much of an impact on the oceans and reefs I'll stick with fresh for awhile.

Thank You for this information

I have a 29 gal BioCube, that I have set up freshwater, and planted. the plants are alive, but are not doing great, in fact some of the original ones died. and I thought the biocube was supposed to be designed for lighting for plants. then, I got to thinking about that actinic bulb, and that, that was for saltwater more that fresh, so when I did my search, I found your thread. it gave me some great answers. I guess i'm going to be looking to replace that actinic bulb soon so I can start planting more plants.
Thanks Again,

Yes, I went with a 12K lamp from InTank Media Baskets and the Coral Life 10k bulb. Plants are doing well, I am growing some common species of crypts, corkscrew val and amazons.

Back
Top Bottom