Blackout, going south.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a problem Sudz, I just sent some to another member and have the next batch promised to someone else as well! If you can get out to Big Al's Oakville they have it once in a while. I got mine from there. If you can't find it let me know and I'll send you some. I have lots in my 20 gallon.
I can't tell you how good it is to have clear water again at last. The tank is doing great. The Ludwigia repens I tried to grow a while back lasted a week, then it all died off. It's doing well now. The Ammania senegalinsis is starting to sprout new growth and is getting a nice pink color. Even one of the last skinny stems of my surviving Rotala Macrandra is starting to catch. I'm going to plant the other 3 stems of Mac tonight as it looks like it will be ok in this tank. I am very happy with the tank right now, a big thank you to you all for your advice and support.

Just picked up a fluval 204 canister filter. Never used a canister filter before. It works great, water is crystal clear, also C02 levels are up a bit as there is no surface agitation compared to the ACmini HOB's. I was running two of them. I planted the surviving stems of Rotala Mac from my ten gallon grow out tank and they are hanging in so far. Will post some pics if they last. Keeping my fingers crossed! I really have to stop myself from putting more light on this baby, just looks so good with higher light, but I learned a hard lesson. Going to cap it at 4WPG. I think thats enough to grow most anything.

Sounds great Glenc. It's great to see this tank making a comeback. That pic of the Rotala Macrandra is especially nice, and shows why so many people try that difficult plant.

Back
Top Bottom