Blending weeping moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bert2oo1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys wondering if anyone had blended weeping moss and painted it into wood/rocks. I've used Java moss before with success but wasn't sure if it can be done with weeping?

If anyone has info on this that would be great [emoji106]

What do you mean blended?

Put it in a blender and chopped it up into tiny pieces and then you use a paintbrush to paint it all over driftwood and whatever rocks u want moss on.

U can then dry start it under lights for 2 weeks to make it stick or use a little bit of yogurt in the water and it will act as a glue.

You need to leave the yoghurt for 24 hours though then u can put the wood or rocks back in the tank.

Never heard of this. Will have to figure that out. Just got a mixed collection of moss.

I know some types can't be used but not sure what ones. Works great with Java moss but I don't overly like the look of it so I want to do it with weeping. At $15 per coin size piece I don't really want to blend it and it not work lol

Does it work for Christmas moss?

I was just reading a thread and a guy asked the same question, no one gave him and answer :s people mainly just used fissiden it seems. Wish I had a moss pack id try all of them on a little bit of wood just to see what works and doesn't lol.

I guess any moss that can reproduce from a "leaf" would work. A bloke tried it with Java fern but he didn't update his forum about it so maybe it failed lol

I tried mincing fissidens and mixing it with yogurt it did not work. Turned into a stinking mess. Mincing may have been too destructive.

I tried mincing fissidens and mixing it with yogurt it did not work. Turned into a stinking mess. Mincing may have been too destructive.

Did u water down the yoghurt? Apparently it does go really smelly but after a week u can wash it off and the fissiden should be stuck. Not sure about that tho just what I was reading before.

Back
Top Bottom