Blue crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
..well they have to do it..I'm not saying they shouldn't molt. I'm saying heat speeds up their molting/lifespan.

Crays generally do not come from very warm waters. We aren't exactly sure the species of cray this is, but most crays thrive at 55-75F and do not require a heater. They actually won't live as long with one.

No problem. Many of the ornamental shrimp in the hobby do great at room temp as well. :)

They definitely appreciate well oxygenated water. Even though my blue crays tank has plenty of surface agitation from the filter, I still run a big bubble wand for him. :)

oh ok i dont really use any air pumps in my tanks i only have the airstone due that im running diy co2 and the only time i did its when i was a kid in my das tank and it was long long long time ago atleast 113 years

I don't currently run airstone with my dwarf crays so I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary as long as there is plenty of agitation.

LOL I knew what you meant.

Well, more than just any ol' fish tank. If you aren't running an air stone I wouldn't fill the water level so high that it touches the filter and reduces the agitation.

These two are fine

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111003_223955.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111003_223955.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 77
Great pic. There are definitely some success stories out there, but I still can't recommend the combo.

Back
Top Bottom