Book corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Da Squid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone reviewed the planted tanks/art of Takashi Amano? I just picked up one of his photo books and it's been blowing my mind! Be forewarned though, it might make you start critically analyzing your own tank. Every other page has a bookmark in it with little notes of how I might achieve a similar look.

While research plant books I came across Diana Walstad's book "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" and it's many glowing reviews. Has anyone here read this? She allegedly totes a low tech philosophy in planted tanks that achieves results thought only possible with CO2 and big lights.

Amano scapes are simply amazing. His ADA and doAqua! lines of aquarium goods/supplies/tanks are amazing as well...

I've seen and read a bit about both the Amano and the Walstad methods. The Amano tanks are very impressive and his methods are pretty straightforward, but they require a lot of time, money, and effort. The Walstad method is attractive because of the low maintenance, but without a ton of research and planning, it can be a recipe for disaster. I may have to make a trip to the library to look for those books.

Back
Top Bottom