Book Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had a tank with various Cichlids for about 8 years now. Now instead of one fish I would like to start a nice planted community aquarium. Does anyone have any book suggestions for a planted aquarium?

Aquatic Plant Central This is where I go for aquarium plant help. The community is filled with professionals (botanists, marine biologists and horticulturists) and it has some neat tools and a wide collection of plant related articles. The plant finder tool is also great in finding the right plant for you.

Books for aquarium plants generally don't consist of more than 10 pages of basic information and then a large compendium of plant lists. Not worth it when APC has a HUGE detailed database of pictures of plants at your finger tips.

Great resource

I must have 25-35 bookmarks for plants and that one is great. Great share.:eek2:

I found Baensch Aquarium atlas to be pretty good too, for a hard copy at least, but that site is great.

Ecology of the Planted Aquarium is a good one to read though i am not fully sold on her method. Nature Aquarium is a great one too to look at the pics. never been too much into the books since things change faster then they can keep up it seems.

Well Crepe thanks a lot! That is clearly going to be a great resource for getting my planted aquarium up and running! Looks like I won't need to be buying a book after all. Thank you for the suggestions though!

Back
Top Bottom