Boring tank needs an upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I had a bad experience with the co2 system I bought (didn't connect the tank fast enough and it started shooting all over the place). My regulator valves were all the way closed so I'm not sure what happened there but I'll use it as a $20 paper weight for the time being.

I'm also in the market for red plants. I absolutely love the look. I'm looking at Ludwigia Repens at this time. Cheap and awesome. What would be a good additive to the tank to ensure they're getting the proper nutrients? I was going to order some Seachem Flourish. I heard Flourish is way better than Flourish Trace. My Floramax also has nutrients but I was wanting to plant it in the sand and move my Wisteria that is in the middle of my tank to the back right corner were this is nothing.

So I had a bad experience with the co2 system I bought (didn't connect the tank fast enough and it started shooting all over the place). My regulator valves were all the way closed so I'm not sure what happened there but I'll use it as a $20 paper weight for the time being.

I'm also in the market for red plants. I absolutely love the look. I'm looking at Ludwigia Repens at this time. Cheap and awesome. What would be a good additive to the tank to ensure they're getting the proper nutrients? I was going to order some Seachem Flourish. I heard Flourish is way better than Flourish Trace. My Floramax also has nutrients but I was wanting to plant it in the sand and move my Wisteria that is in the middle of my tank to the back right corner were this is nothing.

Red are hard to grow without co2. EI dosing will give them everything they need to be nice and red

Thanks Bert and everybody else for the knowledge. I'll continue posting questions as they arise.

Definitely. If I get the finnex, would that put me in the high light category or the low light right? Just depending on the customization?

Definitely. If I get the finnex, would that put me in the high light category or the low light right? Just depending on the customization?

I'm pretty sure the 24/7 has a dimmer so you can set it to high or low :)

Awesome guys. So with the 24/7 it opens up new doors for the future. Gives me the option of low tech but if I want to switch it over to high tech, then I'll be gravy

With the EI dosing method, I won't be able to do 50% WC's weekly. I think I'm just gonna buy some Flourish for now and keep it as low tech as I can.

With the EI dosing method, I won't be able to do 50% WC's weekly. I think I'm just gonna buy some Flourish for now and keep it as low tech as I can.

Low tech is a lot easier. High techs take a lot of work to maintain. A lot of trimming and big water changes weekly. Once you get in the routine though it becomes easy ;)

I took the driftwood out. I think it looks better. I got some more anacharis coming and about to replant some crypts and wisteria in that back corner

Attachments

• 1483814180469.jpg
    1483814180469.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 25
Got some DHG and a nice piece of driftwood to sit on my rocks for a roof to the cave. Replanted my crypts in the back. I love how lush and thick it is.

Forgot to post it

Attachments

• 1483830888341.jpg
    1483830888341.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom