Bought this dying plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like the roots got trimmed too short. It could perk up but with the root tabs would help. Do you have Epsom salts plain no additives??? You could make up some to help it a little until you get something better. if there are even a few new white-ish roots you have a little chance. It won't be magic but could make it back. If no white nubs or little tiny roots then maybe a bad / too far gone plant.

You can always try a nice bright daylight bulb $3. ~ 5600K from ACE hardware in a Vase and give it some extra light and some magnesium sulfate /Epsom salts. Some old filter rinse water or pwc water.

It looks to me like it has eaten itself to the point of no return.

Loss of structure, melting, translucency are all symptoms of co2 deficiency.

Is the root system hard or mushy? If it's still quite solid and you have a couple of white roots I'd say it is salvageable but from the pics it looks like a gonna. If it's going to have ANY chance of survival you need to buy the co2 booster. In my opinion, adding more light or placing a root tab under it will not bring it back.

Whats the point if its dead... man im dissapointed spent 3 bucks and am gonna just throw it in the trash this sucks haha

Whats the point if its dead... man im dissapointed spent 3 bucks and am gonna just throw it in the trash this sucks haha

You just need to do abit more reading on plant care and u should be fine. Read up on fertilizers and water stability. I read every day for about an hour for over a month before I jumped into getting plants. I still had a lot of issues along the way (algae blooms and plant deaths). Hell I threw away about $80 worth of plants. U learn from your mistakes and all u need to do is read and find out why the problem happened and correct it. Plants are easy to care for once u have all info required to know what to look for and how to go about fixing any issues that arise.

Just putting a plant in an aquarium doesn't mean it will grow. 9/10 times it will die.
All aspects need to be researched to make them thrive.

$3 is the inexpensive end of plants. Consider this a leaning experience.

I bought a $7 plant that just.... went away overnight. Someone must have thought it was delicious. Learning!

Ya I bought a cardinal plant and someone also found it very appitizing, and got me pretty angry too....

OK hello everybody, guess who just got a few bucks to finally purchase co2... this guy haha ok so i bought the API co2, other than helping my slow growing and dying plants what else will it do to the plants? And will my Amazon sword finally have a chance at survival? Thanks...

OK hello everybody, guess who just got a few bucks to finally purchase co2... this guy haha ok so i bought the API co2, other than helping my slow growing and dying plants what else will it do to the plants? And will my Amazon sword finally have a chance at survival? Thanks...

It's a good start. Plants need 4 things to be able to thrive in the aquarium. Light, carbon, fertiliser, water flow.

Liquid carbon will help a lot but if your lighting is too intense your plants will eat it really fast so make sure your light isn't too intense.

Flow is very important. U want 8-10x your tank capacity per hour. (A canister filter with a spray bar works great)

Ferts need to be dosed to recommended on the bottle.

Your Amazon sword would be too far gone by now. I'd pull it out and throw it a away.

If any of your other plants have dying leaves then I'd be trimming them off.

Goodluck :)

Hope At Last?

So 2 completely rotted i threw them out but this third one had a tiny green leaf in the middle, so i said ill give him another chance, now theres 3 little leaves but still no roots? what does this say or what does it mean? thanks

Attachments

• DSCF0279.jpg
    DSCF0279.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 29
So 2 completely rotted i threw them out but this third one had a tiny green leaf in the middle, so i said ill give him another chance, now theres 3 little leaves but still no roots? what does this say or what does it mean? thanks

Don't worry about the roots. Looks like there maybe a few though still there. The leaves are important now. Is this with using liquid co2?

I noticed very little growth from my sword even with presurised co2 started dosing excel every now and then and boom I've got heaps of new growth.

I noticed very little growth from my sword even with presurised co2 started dosing excel every now and then and boom I've got heaps of new growth.

Same observation myself although I stopped using liquid co2 and still they grew like beasts. I think liquid co2 is a great starting source for most plants.

Back
Top Bottom