Bought this dying plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no clue what substrate I have haha I just got it off the shore of Sebago Lake in Maine, and i dont use root tabs cus I cant find any in stores, and does this mean it will start growing? Thanks

I have no clue what substrate I have haha I just got it off the shore of Sebago Lake in Maine, and i dont use root tabs cus I cant find any in stores, and does this mean it will start growing? Thanks

Yeah it does. It also means that swords can take in most of their nutrients through their leaves. [emoji846]

You'll be surprised how fast this sword will actually grow. Keep us posted on its progress. A daily update would be fun.

Yes, there is hope. It could have little tiny roots starting in that mass.

You are putting in so much work for that little guy, I hope it really just grabs hold and shoots up new growth top and now bottom is needed!

Be strong little Sword, lol!

You are getting a great deal of knowledge to use in future purchases and growing of plants so these little Sword plants were SO educational!!!

Glad to see there is something to smile about today! (y)

Haha thanks guys it made my day, little things like that but you know its still something to be happy about... And yes I will keep you posted, unless it dies lol

UPDATE: Sorry forgot to mention one more thing, some fish or something always unburies it, i always find it floating around, sometimes its burried for 2 days streight others 2 hours could it be plecos? i always see them next to it, and it will slow down its growth right?

Until it drops serious roots, it might be better for it to float.

I have a separate little container I use to propagate plants from clippings. They sprout roots more quickly when they are floating.

Updateeee

Haha so plant is doing well, i waited a little before updating on it because its growing slowly but surly, no roots yet but leaves grew quit a bit lol man am i happy to see it growing.... still am co2 dosing and leaf zone dosing, pleco keeps undiging it but i stick it back in substrate daily...

Attachments

• DSCF0287.jpg
    DSCF0287.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 36
Haha so plant is doing well, i waited a little before updating on it because its growing slowly but surly, no roots yet but leaves grew quit a bit lol man am i happy to see it growing.... still am co2 dosing and leaf zone dosing, pleco keeps undiging it but i stick it back in substrate daily...

If u let it float around it should strike roots a lot quicker. Generally plants at the surface will shoot roots quicker due to the increased light and they grow for the substrate :) it's looking good! Glad u are seeing results with the co2 booster

It finally shot roots, haha so happy, sorry no pic i dont want to disturb it anymore, I will post another pic when serious leaves are coming... ill keep you posted

Update

So If any of you are interested in this I will post an update on the dead now alive amazon sword plant. Before and after pic included. :cool: :ROFLMAO: And thanks for all your help I believe the co2 saved it. :thanks:

Attachments

• DSCF0225.jpg
    DSCF0225.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0538.jpg
    DSCF0538.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 36
Looks good mate! Looks like your getting the hang of growing plants now ;) always rewarding watching something grow from a complete mess haha ;)

Congrats on your success story man. I only just got into planting in the aquarium a couple weeks ago, but your thread was really fun and educational to read through. Never knew you could bring plants back from the brink like this.
:)

Back
Top Bottom