Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to JohnnyOneBeat
brackish water/terrarium plants

hi,
I have a 30 gallon brackish tank with salinity of 1.00 and Ph of 7.5. I was wondering what aquatic plants will do well in these conditions. According to my local pet store none will.
Also, I've been thinking about building a plexiglass terrarium (box) for the top of the tank to house crickets for my archers. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience with this and if there are terrarium plants that are easy to take care of and will survive in these conditions.

Thank you for you time,
John

Old 08-18-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

SG of 1.00 is not brackish, that is fresh water... in fact 1.000 is distlled water

double check your hydrometer, make sure you take into account the water temperature when taking your reading ... as the temperature of the water effects the hydrometers calibration.

I believe brackish should be around 1.010 to 1.018

As for brackish plants, you can try some of the hardier "hard water" fresh water plants, or something like Eel grass maybe, which is a sw plant.

by the way

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!!

Tags
brackish, brackish water, plant, plants, terrarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com