Brian's 2.11g Rimless Pico Cube (AquaTop)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brian, if you were wanting to go with a small canister, I just got those 9mm lily pipes. They didn't work out for me but might be good for this tank. They're much smaller than I expected. Let me know ASAP as I'm trying to return them.

Oh darn! Really? BTW, are the inlets on them cut weird like inward instead of out? There were an awesome pair of Do!Aqua 13mm pipes that sold on TPT for $65 shipped. I messaged Dan but he didn't care for them. Didn't think about you because you got the AM 9mm ones. So are they decent?

Yeah, the inlets are cut backwards and I couldn't get them to keep a syphon. I'm not sure if its bad design or because I'm reducing the 5/8 canister outlets down to 3/8.

You know Brian, I am kicking myself for not taking those lily pipes :lol: Now that I think of it, that curved look kinda looks cool lol, too late! Anyways, very nice plants! Can't wait to see how this turns out :)

And bill, keep up! :lol:

You know Brian, I am kicking myself for not taking those lily pipes :lol: Now that I think of it, that curved look kinda looks cool lol, too late! Anyways, very nice plants! Can't wait to see how this turns out :)

And bill, keep up! :lol:

I'm mad at myself for not hoarding them! That was a good deal on some quality pipes. They sold not long after I PM'd you...lol

Oh well...

Just to give you an idea of size, they fit in the palm of my hand...
img_2405948_0_1b186d05014bdd3fe923557c9b8e39b1.jpg

Since they're brand new, maybe $30 shipped?

BTW, my GF created her own version of Bill's BBM with contact paper (Kittrich Magic Cover) on her 60-F. Looks good with little issues getting the bubbles out.. Just an FYI if you're looking for an alternative to the Art Deco window etch stuff...

ForumRunner_20130326_172336.jpg

Man those lily pipes are small. It's very tempting! But I'm kinda broke at the moment, will have to stick with my $13 azoo palm filter! Lol

Maybe you should keep them Bill. I've read that they fit perfectly with a ZooMed 501 mini canister with the stock hoses and all. Then buy a small rimless like the AquaTop i have in this thread... I'm not trying to be bad influence and feed the MTS condition, but they're nice for the money and you have pipes already! Haha

I might keep them, I've been wanting to upgrade my bedroom tank anyway...

EDIT: The funny thing is... The 13mm set that I got refunded for finally showed up at my house the same day as the 9mm set, two months after I ordered them. Unfortunately the inflow pipe was smashed... :( So close to finally having lily pipes... :(

No worries, I don't consider it hijacking.. I'm tracking your package.. you should have the Hydrocotyle Japan tomorrow :)

Lucky. I can never get the bubbles out :( maybe I should bring the tank to Verizon where there are skilled people that put on the screen protectors everyday to do it for me. :lol:

Speaking of keeping up... Where's that DHG? Hahaha ;)

Sorry to hijack, Brian. ;)

Bill, I have had work issues for the past 2 weeks so I couldn't ship any orders :( I just shipped 2 this morning, then when I went to ship yours I had no boxes left D: so I got 6 from the PO today :)

And nice video Brian!

Dan... I think we need to rename you DantheTortoiseMan! Haha... J/K, I just had to! I mean with the whole DSM and all...:hide: LOL

Back
Top Bottom