Brian's(Old Scales)Rescape Journal "Yikes!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having to take another backache break. I have the tank stand sitting on 8" cinder blocks so it's a real reach over to the bottom. Eco fine in. Looks good but will really look better when it's covered in water. The amount I got worked perfect. Nice 3" bed all total.
Billbug, I think you mean turning the DW so it makes an arch. ?? Is that right? I'm fixing to play with it again on the counter. Next step is to break the black slate rock into pieces to sit the DW on and to make separation zones so the Glosso won't take over the Bonsai and AR min I when it spreads. BTW. The serape tetra is still giving me dirty looks! OS.

Oh Brian,
Yes I got all the plants in on an order that came in yesterday. They gave me 7 tubs of Glosso. Only ordered 5. So looks like I may have 2 tubs extra. I'll take pics and post of the plants going in after I prep them for planting. You are all such great people! Thanks for following along and for your inputs all. OS.

Gravel and rock and DW in now.

Just got all the gravel in and slate rock base w/DW on top. Here's a pic of the Eco fine in water and the DW in place. I chose this DW alignment as it gives me the best places to show two or three moss cascades when it grows in. I filled tank and drained to here. Water was surprisingly clear with the ECO. The fine grade is really easy to sculpt also. Now to separating and prepping the plants. Now I can sit and work for awhile and rest my back. lol Later, OS.

Attachments

• DSCF1131.jpg
    DSCF1131.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 190
Nice update... making progress! Are you adding the biomagnet that came with the floramax? Also are you strategically embedding some root tabs to help super charge the substrate? It's relatively inert out of the bag, but can begin to absorb the nutrients you throw at it due to its high CEC characteristic (but you know that...just FYI for newcomers).

Plants ready to go in!

Brian, I didn't use the Bio magnet of the Flora max. Also I put the Eco fine in straight from the bags. I have bottles of the fancy root tabs Fresh20 has. Good looking tabs. I have the Total, Iron and Traces. I put one about every 4" square all over with the iron ones where the Red Nausea is going.
To all, here is a pic of the new plants that came in. Pots are Glosso, stems are the Nausea, one Vesuvius sword and some patches of susswassertang moss.
Plants I'm using from the old tank are Ammania bonsai, AR 'mini, and Lud sp. 'Cuba. Also here's a pic some of the Glosso picked out of the pots for planting. OS.

Attachments

• DSCF1132.jpg
    DSCF1132.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF1133.jpg
    DSCF1133.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 157
I have to confess. The BML LED light I ordered in my name on behalf of a good friend I have in here. I can buy it and ship it to him much less than he can order it direct, pay import and shipping. BUT, I WILL have one in the future. lol
Thanks Thumper. Tank will probably look a little spindly until the young plants grow out.
Man, planting that tiny little Glosso is a booger!
Guys, I may not get this done until in the morning. Taking longer than I thought due to having to let back rest so often. Mind says yes, body says no. lol
Got the Amm bonsai and AR 'mini planted. Now planting all the Glosso.

Brian! Wow. The Eco fine is SO easy to plant in. Much softer and easier on the stems than Flora Max or gravel. I love it! OS.

Hey Bill,
Patience my man. This old guy is getting slow. Come over and help me plant Glosso. I got some cold ones in the fridge. Bribe, bribe. The red AR mini really pops against the black Eco. I'll do another pic after the Glosso is in. Os.

Ha, sounds like me when I was planting micro-swords. I bought a square foot of them suckers. Took me all afternoon. And not a one of them survived!

Hey Bill,
Patience my man. This old guy is getting slow. Come over and help me plant Glosso. I got some cold ones in the fridge. Bribe, bribe. The red AR mini really pops against the black Eco. I'll do another pic after the Glosso is in. Os.

Haha, I'd gladly come over and help! It'd be one heck of a drive, though... I completely understand... I haven't even hit 30 yet and working on my tanks does a number on my back too... But that's probably the 10 years loading trucks for UPS talking... :lol:

I don't think I had the right lighting at the time. Now I do but I'm so over the micro-sword planting thing. Plus my hubby sure won't do it.

Sigh, u guys dred. For the whole week all i've been looking at is tanks and plants and crap, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even do anything without thinking about some of the tanks i've seen on here. LOL, n I'm pretty sure i'll be checking this thread every hour until ur done OS. But, no pressure man, take all the time u need... :popcorn:

Wow Dragon I didn't know u were a girl. Its just dat I've come across many of ur posts in google searches and so on, wayyy before I joined. And I thought u were like some old guy cuz of all the experience u had, hehe

Hi Robyn! Glad you are here!
Guys, I got all the Glosso planted. Next is tie on the moss to the DW and plant the last 12 or so stems. Getting close! lol

Trini, thanks man, Glad you're here too. When you want to come over to the dark side of the force. We're here for you! OS.

Back
Top Bottom